Hey, everyone! Great news! One of my good friends, Ruth, has agreed to let me share her scrumptious recipes, useful side notes, and her mouth-watering progress shots. I’ll be sharing more of her recipes in the future so do subscribe or follow me on Facebook or Twitter for new free recipes. ♥ You can also add Ruth’s “oishi japan” for more great recipes & tasty food photography.
First up among the delicious recipes on queue is this pretty and colorful Sushi Summer Rolls!
Sushi Summer Roll Ingredients
- 4 pcs tapioca or rice paper
- Vermicelli – cooked according to package direction
- 1 pc cucumber – sliced into long thin strips
- 1 pc medium-sized carrots – sliced into long thin strips
- 4 leaves of lettuce – cleaned
- 8 pcs large shrimps
- 4 pcs imitation crab sticks (optional)
- 2 cups warm water
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Prepare the shrimps; cooked and butterfly sliced.
For those of you who are not familiar with this ingredient, rice paper or tapioca paper are the same. These are translucent edible sheets made from rice flour and tapioca flour. On its regular form, the texture of this wrapper can be compared to a thin cardboard. However, rice paper becomes softer and easier to handle when soaked in warm water.
2. Pour the water in a big bowl and soak the tapioca paper until it softens.
3. Remove the softened tapioca paper and place on a kitchen towel and let it rest for half a minute.
4. Align two shrimps in the middle of the softened tapioca paper. The outer part of the shrimp should be facing down.
5. Arrange a lettuce leaf on top the shrimps. Then top with slices of carrots, cucumber, and fresh basil leaves.
6. Put the vermicelli noodles on top.
7. Press down the filling using your fingers. Then fold the bottom end of the tapioca paper over the top of the filling. Roll halfway.
8. Fold the edges of the tapioca paper inwards and continue rolling until the fillings are secured.
9. Folding the ends will close both edges ensuring that the fillings are securely wrapped. Continue doing all these process until all ingredients are wrapped.
If desired, slice each roll in the middle then transfer to a serving plate. Here, Sweet and Sour Sauce was used as dip. Serve and enjoy! Itadakimasu! ♥
Do try this healthy dish! Remember to tell us about your outcome or you can leave a link here so we can also marvel at your creation. :)
Feel free to share the love by sharing this post with your family, friends, and followers via Facebook and Twitter. Happy cooking everyone! ♥